Monday, January 28

snowy day...

so much for me and my "well it doesn't snow very often" thoughts...we have had another flurry of snowflakes, resulting in 'no school' and me having to have 'terribly important business at 'mossy shed' so i can avoid the 'horror hill'...

used dog, our #2 and myself were all togged up and about to head out for a walk when someone must have heard my silent prayers because low and behold a snowplow was doing his thing on the hill...i had no plans to show you more snow pictures and i am sure this will become very 'old' before long but i just couldn't help but bring my camera along on our little 'wanderings'...be sure to look closely at picture number three...






now we are back, warm and cozy i have plans to finish off my new fabric cupboard courtesy of Ikea and a lot of 'mumbling' and 'cursing' from my man...last night i lifted the lid on 'the slips', well i have to tell you i haven't seen my stash of slips since i packed them away last august...it was quite a 'moving' moment for me, i hung a few downstairs in my studio...not sure how to explain my thoughts here, this is probably because i am surrounded by two boys, their lego building and continuous stream of verbal rubbish thus resulting in me having trouble gathering my thoughts...

she's planning to show you some 'crafty' things this week and no more snow ~ Tif

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh the cow, the cow! I love it and want one!

Di said...

Looks like a beautiful day for a walk!! It also sounds like fun to unpack all your fabrics and slips!

alice said...

Those photos are just fantastic! Also I love seeing how your new house is coming on - the studio - wow! :)

Gigibird said...

I spy one furry little pussy cat in your fabric stash.
I will never tire of snow photos so please keep them rolling in:)

Francesca said...

oh it's a cow, i thought it was a deer...or a woolly mammoth. how lovely.
i love how your mossy shed looks a bit like jonathan and jennifer hart's house. 'cause when they met...it was murder!

are you with me or do you think i've lost the plot?

Anonymous said...

Your fabric cupboard is gorgeous, what is the Ikea name for it? I want one too!

dottie angel said...

picture #2 is a cow...picture #3 is a deer, right in the middle, standing in front of the trees...

as to the cupboard's name it is a 'Granemo' which translated means "i can't believe i made this and the doors actually slide properly"...

and Fran you have not lost the plot, i know what you mean...last night as the flood light was hitting the trees around midnight i tried not to look too closely as i was waiting for used dog to do her business, just incase i saw something spooky...

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

Wow. The area looks so pretty with all of the tall trees, and especially the pines! And, your new fabric cupboard looks pretty, as well! Love the shade on your pendant light too. That's such a great idea.

Anonymous said...

It looks so beutiful! Almost like a grown-up version of an enchanted forest, where you can meet animals "just around the corner". BEAUTIFUL!